Whether bluetooth, wireless LAN or LTE, the range of technology that must be provided by wireless gateways at airports, exhibition centers or other highly frequented venues to offer a maximum of connectivity on almost all channels is huge. On behalf of a customer, iesy developed a version that is particularly mobile and energy-efficient. It can do without permanent power supply and still meets industrial requirements.
More companies are now relying on business intelligence solutions for their Point of Information or Point of Sale applications. By monitoring and analyzing movement data, patterns can be recognized and processes optimized in order to offer the user a better experience. One way of collecting such data is by analyzing movement data of users of mobile devices on which wireless LAN or bluetooth is activated. For this specific purpose, iesy developed a wireless box computer with various, different transmission interfaces ranging from WiFi and 3G/GPRS to bluetooth. An integrated, powerful battery unit makes sure that this application is specifically suited for mobile use; thanks to power-saving technology it can be operated independently for long stretches of time. Additionally, this box computer solution combines various sensors and protection mechanisms to provide sophisticated tampering protection. This highly individual custom solution went through all project phases at iesy: from conceptual design to the development of hardware and software, an extended prototyping stage and finally series production.
- Qseven Module with Intel® Atom™ E3845 Dual Core
- Prozessor: Intel® Atom™ E3845 Quad Core
- CPU-Takt: 4 x 1,91 GHz
- 2nd Level Cache: 1 MB
- Processor Thermal Design (TDP): ca. 6 W
- RAM: 4 GB DDR3L RAM onboard
- Flash: 4 GB on board eMMC Flash
- Cooling solution: passive, with heatspreader
- Dimensions: 215 mm x 150 mm x ca. 40 mm
- Power Supply: 12 V … 28 V-DC input
- Functions & interfaces:
- 2 x 10/100/1000 MBit Base-T Port, on standard RJ45 connector, with LEDs
- 1 x USB 3.0 HUB
- 6 x USB Ports
- 4 x mini PCI express socket
- 1 x Display Port
- 3 x PCI express x1
- 2 x S-ATA Port, on mSATA sockets, for internal SSDs
- 1 x HD Audio Codec
- 1 x SMBus
- 1 x RF-Module
- 1 x RTC, Real Time Clock
- 1 x MSP430 Main Board Controller
- 1 x I²C EEPROM, ≥ 128kbit
- 1 x Service / Developer Connector
We take care of your solution, too...
We support you in every step of the way - from conceptual design, hardware and software development to prototyping and production of your application in the field of professional equipment. Your project is safe with our experts. Use the following form to tell us about your requirements.