Modern measuring and laboratory technologies require the highest level of precision, which in fact begins with the conceptual design of hardware and software. For the development of an operating panel for medical visualization units, iesy used low cost COM Express computing modules with energy-efficient Intel® Atom™ processors and Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with adapted drivers for an operating system.
iesy was a partner throughout the entire process: from conceptual design to the manufacturing of the entire assembly, we developed the operating panel for a visualization unit for measuring and laboratory technologies. When developing solutions for medical technologies, our customers demand the highest levels of quality and precision from us. Here we focus on highly powerful processors with full passive cooling and a high number of interfaces. For this specific operating panel, we even integrated a touch display controller on the custom board. Besides hardware developments, iesy also offers various types of software development: For this visualization unit we used Microsoft Windows 7 Professional equipped with a custom BIOS plus specifically adapted drivers for Windows so that the hardware can be put to optimum use in the measuring and laboratory environment.
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® J1900
- Processor rate: 4 × 2.0 GHz
- 2nd level cache: 2 MB
- Power consumption: 10 W TDP
- Chipset: integrated into SOC
- RAM: 1 × 2 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM
- Flash: 1 × 16 GB mSATA
- Dimensions of PCB: app. 212 mm × app. 140 mm × app. 35 mm
- Power supply: 20...28 V-DC wide range input with max. 20 watts
- Cooling: heatspreader, without moving parts
- BIOS: customer-specific BIOS
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional, WES 7
- Features & interfaces:
- 1 × 10/100/1000 MBit Base-T, on proprietary connector (round)
- 4 × USB 2.0
- 1 × USB 2.0, for connecting a PCT touch controller
- 1 × LVDS display connector
- 1 × Backlight connector, software dimmable
- 1 × VGA on pin header for debugging
- 1 × mSATA socket, SATA Rev. 2.0, for internal flash memory
- 1 × 2.5-inch SSD socket, for memory expansion with 2.5-inch SSD
- 1 × touch controller
- 1 × audio out with amplifier
- 1 × I²C EEPROM
- 1 × I²C temperature sensor
- 1 × I²C ADC
We take care of your solution, too...
iesy offers full service from a single source - hardware, software and the manufacturing of healthcare applications. From adapted BIOS to custom-designed device drivers, your application is safe with us. Use the following form to tell us about your project and requirements.