Precision and quality are essential in the design and production of embedded computing solutions for measurement devices. iesy completed a computing component for high speed data measurement and data processing: Com Express modules with Intel Quadcore processors based on low power x86 were combined with high speed interfaces and passive cooling.
Equipped with manifold wired as well as wireless interfaces for the connection of external hardware or sensors, this data logger is perfectly suited to collect, record, compute and visualize measurement signals. During the conceptual stage of the process, we planned for various implementation purposes and even considered mobile application scenarios. This is why we provided one version for tough climate conditions as well as a standard version for stationary use. Data can be transferred from the device in virtually every application scenario via wireless LAN, LAN or an integrated SIM card. This flexibility ensures that data from the most diverse environments can be collected quickly and safely. High-resolution graphics and high-performance CPU allows the real-time computing and visualization of measurement data. From conceptual design and planning to hardware development, the adaptation of operating systems and drivers, comprehensive testing, series production and final assembly: iesy manages all processes along the value chain.
COM express module with Intel® Atom™ E3845 Quad Core
- Processor: Intel® Atom™ E3845 Quad Core
- CPU clock: 4 x 1.91 GHz
- 2nd level cache: 2 MB
- Power consumption processor (TDP): 10 W
- Cooling solution: Heatspreader with purely passive cooling, without rotating fans
- Memory: 4 GB DDR3L onboard
- Flash: 16 GB MLC industrial (eMMC) SSD onboard
- Functions & Interfaces
- 2 x 10/100/1000 MBit Base-T, implemented on RJ45 connector (shielded)
- 5 x USB port, with current limitation to 0.5 A / USB port, thereof:
- 2 x USB 2.0 (*), to external, to type A USB / Ethernet combo jack
- 1 x USB 3.0 (*), to external, to type A USB socket
- 1 x USB 2.0 (*), to internal, as reserve, lockable on tub connector (not
- 1 x USB 2.0 (*), to mini PCI express expansion slot
- 1 x DVI-D, digital video output without analog part, on standard DVI connector
- 1 x RS232 interface
- 6 x Digital I/O, implemented on Phoenix connector (MC 1.5/ 7-G-3.5 - 1844265):
- 3 x Digital Output, Level high = 4V, Level low = 0,7V, max. 1mA, with LEDs for
Signaling Signal states, via additional mullion connector
- 3 x digital input, level high = 4V, level low = 0.7V, voltage range -0.5 ... 5.5V
- 4 x LED, for signalling status signals:
- 1 x LED green, "Power On
- 1 x LED yellow, "HDD activity"
- 2 x LED green, "software controlled"
- Expansion slots
- 1 x mSATA socket, S-ATA Rev. 2.0, for additional internal flash storage media, screwable
- 1 x mini PCI express expansion slot, to accept a mini PCI express WLAN expansion card, half-size
- Dimensions: approx. 165 mm x approx. 109 mm x approx. 25 mm
- Power supply: 10 ... 33 V-DC Wide range input
- Functions and interfaces:
- 2 x Firewire IEEE 1394b interface
- 1 x Power / Portpowering tub connector
- 1 x voltage supply / voltage supply
- 1 x connection for push button, designed on 2-pin post connector
- 1 x Real-Time-Clock, with CR2032 button cell
We take care of your solution, too...
The iesy product offering ranges from consulting to project management, the development of hardware and software and the series production of embedded systems for industrial applications. Looking back on our longstanding experience in this field and our strategic partnerships with leading embedded manufacturers, we support you in the development of your industry 4.0 and IoT projects. Use the following form to tell us about your project and requirements.