Aircraft systems for image data recording and analysis have very specific requirements in terms of compact size, vibration stability and performance. On top of that, they need a large number of interfaces to connect the entire system with other components. iesy has developed a custom computing board for mobile image data recording systems which is based on COM Express.
High-resolution image and video data have become indispensable to many areas of our daily lives. Real-time image data recording and image analysis requires the processing and storing of large data streams even in demanding environmental conditions. iesy has developed a custom baseboard with a large number of interfaces which is compatible with an extended temperature range. It is based on COM Express computing modules and features powerful Intel Core processors. From conceptual design to the development of the computing board, right up to the manufacturing of the entire assembly and the subsequent functional tests - iesy performed all those tasks. The finished solution has been in use with a leading provider for aerial image data recording and analysis for more than ten years now.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3517UE
- Processor clock speed: 2 × 1.7 GHz
- Consumption: 17 W TDP
- 2nd level cache: 4 MB
- RAM: 2 × 2 GB DDR3 SO-DIMM
- Cooling: passive, cooling ribs
- BIOS: custom BIOS
- PCB size: 160 mm × 130 mm × 22 mm
- Power supply: 9...32 V-DC Wide range input
- Operating system: Embedded Linux
- Features & interfaces:
- 4 × USB 3.0, incl. USB 2.0 signals required for backward compatibility, of which
- 4 × USB 2.0, of which
- 2 × CFast card slots, with SATA 2.0 interface
- 4 × S-ATA 2.0, of which
- 1 × VGA output, leading to I/O board #2 (104pol./XS2A)
- 2 × DisplayPort, of which
- 3 × GBit Ethernet (10/100/1000 MBit)
- 2 × IEEE1394b Firewire
We take care of your solution, too...
All services from one single source - this is the iesy principle. We support you in every step of the way - from conceptual design, hardware and software development to production and support for applications in the field of Avionics & Defense. We’d be happy to support your project, too. Use the following form to tell us about your requirements.