Unmanned drones are among the most important future trends. In order to guarantee safe flight operations for Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), a ground station is required to enable efficient interaction and communication between man and machine. It is an area in which high-tech coming from iesy has been a proven technology for many years.
Drones produce a vast amount of data, the majority of which must be processed and stored in real time. Accordingly, ground stations must be equipped with powerful hardware, which is often integrated in mobile command posts. It must be fail-proof even in the most adverse weather conditions. In recent years, iesy has supplied hardware for flight objects and ground stations to various military and civil projects. The development of such custom hardware has a particular focus on reliability and flexibility of the solutions. To this end, iesy delivered computing models for drones based on ARM processor as well as customized computing systems for ground stations that were based on COM Express.
- Processor: Intel® 3rd Generation SOC
- Intel® Core™ i7-3612QE Quad-Core
- Processor rate: 4 × 2.1 GHz
- Cooling: active, with copper heatpipe and heat sink as well as speed-monitored fan
- RAM: DDR3 up to a max of 16 GB
- Measurements: 300 mm × 285 mm
- Power supply: 12 V-DC & 24 V-DC, +/- 5%, up to 120 W
- 5 × mini PCI express full / half size, with 5 × PCIe x1 & 3 × USB 2.0
- 3 × S-ATA HDD, 2.5-inch form factor
- 1 × PEG slot, horizontal, PCIe x16
- Functions & Interfaces:
- 1 × 10/100/1000 Mbit Base-T Ethernet
- 2 × USB 3.0
- 2 × USB 2.0
- 2 × RS232
- 1 × LPT
- 1 × VGA / CRT analog video out
- 1 × LVDS connector
- 1 × Temperature monitoring with I²C temperature sensor
- 1 × I²C EEPROM, 4kBit
- 8 × GPIO
- 1 × Button cell connector for Real Time Clock
- 1 × PWM fan control
We take care of your solution, too...
All services from one single source - this is the iesy principle. We support you in every step of the way - from conceptual design, hardware and software development to production and support for applications in the field of Avionics & Defense. We’d be happy to support your project, too. Use the following form to tell us about your requirements.